FemTouch™ – Non-Surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation
With age and after childbirth, women start noticing symptoms related to their vaginal health that affect their lifestyle on different levels. Vaginal atrophy or dryness is a common symptom in post menopausal women that is sometimes accompanied by itching or pain regularly and also during sexual intercourse. Stress urinary incontinence is another symptom appearing also in a younger demographic, in some cases already for women 20-45 years old. Women who have undergone childbirth will often notice symptoms of vaginal laxity which can impact their satisfaction with sexual intercourse. FemTouch addresses vaginal health related conditions by promoting the remodeling of the vaginal mucous epithelium layer. The Fractional CO₂ laser is applied along the vaginal wall which results in very gentle controlled ablation and coagulation of the vaginal lining.
- Simple and comfortable out-patient procedure taking just a few minutes
- Satisfying outcomes after just 2-4 sessions
- No anesthesia or special post procedure care is required
What Is It?
The Lumenis® FemTouch™
- FemTouch™ is an out-patient, minimally invasive, non surgical, non-hormonal laser vaginal procedure, that stimulate new collagen production for healthier tissue.
- Developed by Lumenis®, the leading company for aesthetic medical laser devices, in collaboration with leading gynecologists, Lumenis® now offers a simple treatment for vaginal health conditions
Is it right for me?
- Lumenis® CO2 Laser procedures are not suitable for everyone, for example patients who have taken Accutane® (Isotretinoin) within the last 6-12 months, or have a history of keloid formation. Risks may include change of pigmentation, infection, redness, textural changes or scarring. Be sure to consult your physician regarding treatment options available and related contraindications and risks based on your individual concerns and medical history, before choosing a treatment.
How Does It Work?
- FemTouch™ is an innovative CO2 laser technology, enabling to apply precise and controlled laser microbeams on the vaginal lining.
- This allows stimulation of new tissue growth, by triggering collagen production.
- Before treatment, your physician should assess your vaginal health to ensure you are a good candidate for the treatment. During the treatment, your physician will move the sterilized applicator along the vaginal wall in an outward motion, applying the laser in a 360º pattern covering the entire area. The whole procedure should take just a few minutes.
- You may experience a minor heat sensation during the treatment but it is very gentle and you should not feel uncomfortable