Call Today For a Consultation:
HIPAA PATIENT PRIVACY INFORMATION
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) provide safeguards to protect your privacy and protected health information (PHI). Implementation of HIPAA requirements officially began on April 14, 2003.
DeRosa Plastic Surgery adheres to the following policies:
- Patient information will be kept confidential except as is necessary to provide services or to ensure that all administrative matters related to your care are handled appropriately. This includes the sharing of information with other health care providers, health insurance payers as is necessary and appropriate for your care. The normal course of providing care means that such records may be left, at least temporarily, in administrative areas such as the front office. Those records will not be available to persons other than office and/or surgery center staff. You agree to the normal procedures utilized with the office for the handling of charts, patient records, PHI and other documents of information.
- It is the policy of this office to remind patients of their appointments. We may do this by telephone, e-mail, U.S. Mail or by any means convenient by the practice or requested by you.
- You understand and agree to review documents, which may include PHI by insurance payers in normal
performance of their duties.
- You agree to bring any concerns or complaints regarding privacy to the attention of the office manager.
- Your confidential information will not be used for the purposes of marketing or advertising of products, goods or services.
- We agree to provide patients with access to their records in accordance with state and federal laws.
- We may change, add, delete or modify any of these provisions to better serve the needs of both the practice and the patient.
- You have the right to request restrictions in the uses of your protected health information and to request change in certain policies used within the office concerning your PHI. However, we are not obligated to conform to your request.